Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Pad

Lot's of people have been asking for pictures of my apartment.  Now that it is feeling like home (and I cleaned), I spent the morning taking some photos for the curious.  Here is what living on the 36th floor in Philly is like....

Here is the floor plan for my apartment.  All 747 square feet of it.

And this is my front door.

Sources:  Picture Frames - IKEA

The entry way is sort of a long hallway, but there really isn't much room to put a table or a bench or anything interesting.  So I went with a photo wall.  (Ehem...still missing some photos of my favorite people...cough, cough, sister's family, cough cough..)

Then you turn left down a short hall toward the bathroom, storage closet, and bedroom.


 Sources:  Beatles sign - Etsy

And here it is in all its porcelain glory.

 Sources: Floor Mat & Shower Curtain - West Elm
Brush Jar - Anthropologie
Towels - Restoration Hardware
Art - Saturday Market, Portland


Looking into my bedroom from the bathroom.

Sources:  Desk and Dresser - IKEA

Here is my favorite part of my bedroom.  I guess that is good, since sleeping is the primary function.  I would love to replace that book shelf with a faux built-in using IKEA book shelves.  Challenge, I need someone, somewhere, with the equipment to cut the pieces to make it look built in.  (Insipiration, here, and here.)





Sources:  Headboard, Quilt - Pottery Barn
Red Pillow Cases, Throw, Curtains - West Elm
Left Lamp - Pier 1
Right Lamp - One Kings Lane
Night Stands - Homedecorators.com
Book Shelf - Container Store 

Another view of the bedroom.  I had the sign made from a vendor on Etsy.  If you want to know the story behind it read this blog entry.

Sources: Red Lamp - Target


And back the other direction toward the bathroom.

Heading back to the living room.  Here is the view from the front door. The door to the right heads to kitchen.



The kitchen is small but very functional. 


 The large cabinet on the end hides the washer and dryer.


One of my next purchases will be a cafe chalk board to cover the electrical boxes at the end of the kitchen.


Sources:  Cookie Jar - Anthropologie

And here's the living room:


Sources:  Arm Chair - Craig's List
Wine Fridge - Wine Enthusiast
Wine Racks - Amazon
Nesting Side Tables - thefoundary.com
Throw Pillows - Pier 1
Brown Lamp, Pouf - Jossandmain.com
Sofa - Raymour and Flanigan
Green Tray - West Elm


Sources:  Clock - Gift from my Parents
White Lamp Near Kitchen - Family Treasure
Large Round Basket - Santa Fe

Sources:  Blue Glass Vase - Gift from my Grandmother
Art - Dania Furniture
Left Side Table - World Market
White Lamp - Boutique in Philly

 Sources:  Mercury glass candle - Pier 1
Bird painting - family friend
Blue Vase - Gift from my sister from Prague
Shells - Collected on vacation in St. Maartin
Orang Gord Bird - Peru
C - OneKingsLane.com
Fish Gurgle Pitcher - gift
Green Candle Sticks - Pier 1

 Source:  Bar Stool - World Market

And now for the best part of living on the 36th floor - The VIEW!

Looking out my window to the left (North), you see this view.  That is a statue of William Penn on the top of city hall.



Shifting slightly to the right, you see a view of the Delaware River.  Oh, and that domed building, has a restaurant in the dome that is a great spot for lunch.  This is the best view at sunrise.


Shifting a little more to the right, or looking square out my windows, the view is of the building next door.  You might think this is a bummer, but at least there aren't a bunch of windows in this view.  I leave my living room blinds all the way open all the time, and never have to worry about privacy.



This is the view looking right out my window.  If you squint, you can see all the Philly stadiums.


And for all of you that want to know how high 36 floors really are...this one's for you!  That is the intersection of 15th and Locust down there.



So there you go.  A tour of my place.  I have to say that this place is more "me" than any of the others I have had.  It is filled with things I love from gifts and souvenirs, to wine and plants.  I have kept focus on a William Morris Quote while decorating, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." Some of my furniture is fancy, and some of it is not.  All of my furniture has at least 2 jobs to do in this small space.  It feels simple and collected, but most of all it is a reflection of my travels, the people I love, my experiences, and my style.

I love to have visitors, so let me know if you are ever in the neighborhood!


No comments:

Post a Comment